ITP accepts students from a wide variety of backgrounds. Before applying, a student needs:
- A bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university of recognized standing.
- A grade point average of at least 3.0.
- GRE, GMAT, or LSAT scores
- TOEFL or IELTS test scores for applicants who did not attend an institution where the native language is English
- An aptitude for working with technology and good English written and oral skills.
Admission is based on all aspects of the application packet. As a guideline, the typical student accepted into the MS program has:
- 3.6 GPA
- The University of Colorado Office of international admissions convert other academic scales to a 4.0 standard
- GRE scores of 164 Quantitative, 155 Verbal, and 3.5 Writing
- TOEFL score greater than 100
- or IELTS score 7.0 or higher
The guidelines above are estimated based on historical admissions decisions and the numerical scores are not absolute. ITP will also consider professional work experience across a variety of disciplines as having complementary evidence of the potential for success in the program. Slight concessions may be made in considering GPA and GRE scores if the admissions committee is presented with relevant work experience or other factors related to the Telecom Industry, and the committee determines a strong likelihood of success for the candidate.
We look favorably on candidates who are able to provide a compelling, original, honest, and well-written statement of purpose. Additionally, your letters of recommendation have much more impact on the admissions decisions when they accurately and personally reflect your aptitude for solid work habits, knowledge and character.